Tuesday 11 October 2011

Chester Marathon race report

Sunday Ooctober 9th saw myself competing at the Chester marathon. After abit of experimentation with my training I was interested to see what results I could produce from my 2.43 at London in April. The course description of "flat , fast course, ideal for pb's" was clearly aimed at mountain goats and people with two wheels but other than that it was a loverley scenic course , abit blustery but most importantly fantastic support from the crowd and organisers and a great amostsphere at the finnish area with the Chester racecourse.
Having previously run marathons in London , Berlin and New York , it was great fun to do a lower key marathon (4000 runners as opposed to 40,000). I set off at a fairly comfortable pace and gradually reeled in the runners ahead of me. Training must of paid off as I did not struggle much till around 23 miles. I managed to ramp up my pace a tad in the last 1.5 miles finishing in 2.42.11 and clinching 6th place. Slightly slower than I wanted but considering the weather and course profile , a very pleasing performance. I now am gifted with the talent of walking like Douglas Baader for the next 48 hours.

NEXT STOP - VIRGIN LONDON MARATHON 2012!!!

report by Richard Lowson Manager at the UP AND RUNNING, YORK STORE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.