Tuesday 26 July 2011

100 Marathons in 100 weeks

Some of you who follow U&R on Twitter will have seen no doubt tweets between 100mara100weeks and ourselves.  Simon FYI is doing just that 100 marathons in a 100 weeks, below is a little about him and his challenge.
-------------
I am Simon Buckden (see pic below), I am 39 and from Leeds and I am currently running 100 Marathons in 100 weeks to raise awareness of PTSD and funds for Help for Heroes. I was in the Army for 12 years and retired in 2001 due to injury and was diagnised with PTSD is 2005, and since that time I have tried to do something good and show that even though you may have a serious condition, that you cans still do something postive. I started the challenge in early Feb 2011 and I am due to finish on the 2nd week of January 2013 and I will have completed nearly 2700 miles of Marathons and Ultra races around the UK and Europe. It is worth noting that until this challenge started, I had never ran a Marathon. For further information please see http://www.bmycharity.com/100marathons


-------------

We at Up and Running wish Simon all the best on this amazing undertaking and we'll keep you updated on news as we get it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.