Friday 25 November 2011

Marablog #1

Marablog #1

Ok here's a brief update on how things are going on my training plans for Edinburgh Marathon.

There not!!

I had a very clear idea that there would be a couple of areas that would cause me problems.

Firstly my body, particularly my back would have to hold up to the intense pressure of mile upon mile of training. It has always been a weakness of mine and one that from time to time causes me to stop training properly. Secondly is my mind! It likes to talk me out of things and the inner conflict is often greater than the physical weakness that can be strengthened. So far I think that I haven't got my mind round the fact that I have paid good money towards something 6 months away and that if I don't start now then I will only find it all the harder 3,4,5 months down the line. So my first challenge is to get a routine, make plans and stick to them. A laid out path will help me get my head straight, and then the next thing is to work on my back. MUST do stretches and stop being lazy!!

So there you go, two runs down, a heck of a lot more to go and a goal that will give me a 'badge of honour' to be proud of. I admire anyone who does this marathon malarkey but more so because they can tame their inner voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.