Wednesday 30 November 2011

Race update from one other store.....

Race / running info updates on the chaps from Up and Running Nottingham

Rob: On Sunday 6th November, I took part in the Dovedale Dash - a fell race of 4.75 miles. Its a regular race for me and the family. A capacity of 1500 for this race, costing only a fiver on the day. The terrain is totally off-road, taking in some paths, but pretty much is off the beaten track with muddy bogs, rocky banks, and a cold river crossing to contend with. Weather this year was pretty mild compared to years gone past.

The highlight of the race has to be the start - 1500 people tearing down a steep hill towards a ravine whereby you reach the river crossing. Link of Garmin activity here: http://connect.garmin.com/player/126972463

A cracking race, hard, but always fun for everyone involved. I finished 415th out of 1700 (oversubscribed this year) with a time of 41:04. Looking forwards to next years already

Kev: to follow [I know Kev is running at the mo)

Joe: I raced last weekend in the Leeds Abbey Dash, a 10k Road Race through the streets of Leeds city centre. Three guys broke away fairly early on, followed by two African runners who faded badly and got caught in the latter stages. Although I didn't quite have the pace to go with the leading trio, I found myself pushing the pace of the chasing pack for the majority of the race, especially in the fourth and fifth miles. Perhaps I payed for this slightly in the final kilometre as I was passed by one guy who had slightly more left in the tank; I ended up finishing a second behind in a new personal best of 29.55, fifth place overall. Next one in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.