Wednesday 10 August 2011

100 marathons, 100 weeks - Shoe review

After 2000 miles, my Nike Air Pegasus were replaced, they had also completed 22 of the 24 Marathons that I had completed as part of my 100 Marathons in 100 weeks challenge.

I went to see Up and Running at the Leeds shop as they were supporting my challenge and had offered to provide me with a new pair of trainers.

After my Gait Analysis I was happy with the ASICS Gel Nimbus 13's and was surprised to find that I was able to wear a pair of size 10 1/2 when I had been wearing 11 1/2 for years!

On Sunday the 7th August 2011, I embarked upon Marathon Number 25 at Heaton Park near Manchester. I had completed 3 short runs to wear the new trainers in and then give them a real test over 26.2 miles. As with most trainers, you are worried that when they are new that you will get blisters and I am happy to report that I had no blisters and that I thought that they were very comfortable and offered excellent support as I am a bigger guy at 6 ft2 and 15 stones.

I am happy to say that they stood up to a Marathon in wet conditions on trail and grass and that I am looking forward to running many other Marathons in them.

My thanks to Up and Running for supporting the challenge and providing me with these trainers.

For more information please see http://www.bmycharity.com/100marathons

Review: Simon Buckden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.