Sunday 13 March 2011

Dewsbury 10k - Race review

After a winter of delayed or cancelled races and running off road to avoid icy areas , I was very keen to get back on the road and get in some good performances before London marathon in April. Myself and a friend from Swaledale running club (and shop regular I must add) headed off to Dewsbury for the annual Dewsbury 10km road run. A notoriously fast course and with one of the highest quality fields in north  it is ofton a favourite for pbs.It was also a good opportunity for me to christen my nice new Mizuno  wave Ronin 3 racing flats. Looking at the sky I was fairly hopefully and was feeling in fine fettle. After a slight stumble on the start line , I settled in and was feeling fairly good....until at around 5km we were met by very strong winds. Struggling on though hoping to get wind behind me on the return. Coming back through 7ish km were met by the same strong wind. Despite the wind I soldiered on and strangely strong. Confident I must have got a pb and just dipped under 33 mins purely by the runners around me , I was then a tad disappointed to see the clock just tick over 34.19 as I crossed the line. As I walked amongst the finishers most people seemed about a minute down on usual performance (even at the top end). I think that pb is just around the corner after all.It was also great to get back to Dewsbury 10km after missing it last year and is always a great organised race with fantastic support from the locals.  With a warm down done and journey back home fairly quick due to races early start. I was back home for before lunch. Quick shower - town -pub -burger-  pint. All round successful day.  
by Richard (York - Manager)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.