Monday 14 March 2011

Foam roller stretching - relieve ITB

A while back a personal trainer that we have a close relationship at Up and Running Headingley sent us an email about foam rollers and it made me use mine alot more.

I use a foam roller every morning after my run and have noticed a big difference in the recovery of my legs, I have always suffered with a tight IT band mainly because I run like a girl and let my knees roll in as I run, this puts my knees under some stress and I think keeping on top of my IT has really helped... the first time I used it it was not pleasant!  Made me go slightly rosey cheeked but after the first few days it eased and now its just a case of maintaining it.

The foam rollers may seem expensive for a piece foam but its like having a home physio, and they are made out high density foam so they retain shape and yet soft enough to not cause damage.

Below is a video from Mike @ Creating Chaos (Headingly) about how best to use the foam rollers


Laura Headingly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.