Tuesday 15 March 2011

Racing round up

With a staff team that is made up a keen runners (or all types and standards - I'm one of the slow ones!!) here is an update on some of their recent running achievements. 
Martin (Manchester): Currently not running due to virus (8 weeks) However, I have a half marathon booked in May and I will do a PB. I will be aiming for 85 mins. So, the training starts soon. I intend on running home from work as part of this training to get the mileage up.  
Adam(Manchester): I have not run competitively for a few years, however I am a keen surfer and run to maintain a good base fitness for my sporadic surf trips (usually about one weekend per month). However I am currently upping the mileage with the aim of improving my fitness for a week-long surf trip to Morocco in late April. I also plan on competing in the Manchester Sumo run in July.   
Neil(Manchester): After various problems since the start of the year (Chest & toe infection) I am now trying to get fully fit again. Usually run 60-70 miles a week. As for races I am doing a half marathon in May hopefully pb under 74 mins.   
Graham(Manchester): Currently trying to overcome a slight niggle in my left leg and hopefully won't be out of action for too long. My main aim is to improve my track PB's in the 800m & 1500m. In an effort to do so i am going to Portugal for 2 weeks, with Trafford AC, for a warm weather training trip.   
Paul (Keswick): Off out to Malaga (WC 21st March 2011) to work on a new trail run for Oct, Competing (half marathon) in Isle of Wight in the International Island Games in June, Guaranteed New York marathon place for Nov with qualifying time for age category   
Pete (Cheltenham)I did the Barcelona Marathon at the weekend and did a pb of 3.59 :-)
    This is but a few of the U&R staff.  Visit one of the stores and have a chat about your goals and aims for 2011. shops.upandrunning.co.uk


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.